This dish is spicy, creamy and bursting with flavor! Best of all, it can be made in about 30 minutes.
(Recipe modified from Little Sunny Kitchen)
1/2 pound (8 ounces) pasta of choice (I used Banza penne pasta)
2 cups cubed or sliced pre-cooked plant-based chicken (I used Hungry Planet Grilled Chicken Strips)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons jerk seasoning
3 bell peppers (different colors), sliced
1/2 cup onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
Two slices mild vegan cheese (I used Daiya provolone), chopped (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente stage. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat then add bell peppers and onion and sauté until just tender. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more.
3. Add jerk seasoning to the pot.
4. Add coconut milk, chicken, vegetable stock and cheese (if using) to the pot. Simmer for a few minutes until sauce thickens and cheese melts. Mix in the nutritional yeast then add in the pasta.
5. Garnish with green onion and parsley if desired, and serve.