This is a great chickpea salad that's hot and cool, tangy and spicy. Spread it on bread, roll it up like this pinwheel or simply eat it over salad greens.
(Recipe modified from The Savory Vegan)
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas drained and rinsed (or three cups cooked chickpeas)
1 large avocado (or 2 small)
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 jalapeno, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup buffalo sauce (or more, to taste)
1/4 cup vegan mayo (I like Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
2 large tortillas or wraps (I used spinach wraps)
2 handfuls baby spinach
1/4 cup red cabbage (optional)
1. Add the chickpeas to a bowl and mash with a fork. Add avocado and mash until the avocado is combined with the chickpeas.
2. Add in the red onion, jalapeno, green onions, cilantro, buffalo sauce, vegan mayo, garlic powder and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. To assemble, spread an even layer of filling to the outer edges of each tortilla. Place spinach and cabbage (if using) on the top half of each wrap.
4. Starting at the end with the spinach, tightly roll the tortillas up until you reach the other end. Use a sharp knife and cut each wrap into 8 pieces.
5. Serve right away or place in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.