This small portion of perfect for a party of one. Use fresh-picked berries, wild if possible, for the best taste! It’s gluten-free and vegan.
For the filling:
3/4 cup blackberries and blueberries
1 Tablespoon @originenaturals coconut sugar
For the topping:
2 Tablespoons gluten-free oat flour
2 Tablespoons gluten-free rolled oats
1-1/2 Tablespoons Origine Naturals coconut sugar
1 Tablespoon vegan butter, melted (I used Flora)
1/8 teaspoon Origine Naturals cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Origine Naturals vanilla
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (see note)
2. Grease a small ramekin or baking dish (about 3 inches diameter) with vegan butter. Set aside.
3. Sprinkle the berries with a tablespoon of coconut sugar. Stir well and set aside.
4. In a small bowl mix the oat flour and rolled oats together. Add the coconut sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla and stir well until the dry ingredients are moistened. Place in freezer for about 5 minutes or until butter solidifies.
5. Break up the solid topping with a spoon and sprinkle over the berries, leaving some bigger chunks. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping has browned and the berries are bubbly.
Note: It certainly may seem wasteful to run the oven for a tiny amount of food. I used a countertop pressure oven by Wolfgang Puck. It's perfect for cooking small dishes and it doesn't put out nearly the heat of a standard oven.