This cool salad is a little sour, a little spicy, and comes together in minutes
Made this quick and cool rice noodle salad for dinner last night. It was a nice change from the usual lettuce salad. Check out the recipe below - it comes together in about 15 minutes.
* 2 oz brown rice noodles (prepared in advance according to package directions)
* 2 tbsp lime juice
* 1 tsp each maple syrup and fresh grated ginger
* 1/4 tsp salt
* Toss together with one-half sliced cucumber and 1 thinly-sliced scallion
* Spoon on top of noodles in a container and add one serving of protein (I used pan-fried tofu)
* Add 1/4 cup each chopped mint and chopped cilantro
* Sprinkle with a few red pepper flakes and shake entire container to coat
This makes a deliciously cool and exotic-tasting meal with a little Asian-inspired flavor and a tad bit of heat. Enjoy!