These hearty waffles are delicately flavored and lightly sweetened. They’re made with a blend of oat and regular flour. Aquafaba, baking powder and apple cider vinegar make them nice and fluffy. Drizzle with a little warm maple syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon and they become the perfect start to a cool morning!
This is a Forks Over Knives recipe. The only modification I made is reducing the salt to 1/4 teaspoon. Makes 4 waffles.
3/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored plant milk
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup aquafaba
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/4 cup pure cane sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Combine the oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until a coarse meal forms.
2. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Let the batter stand for 5 minutes.
3. Heat the waffle iron according to manual instructions.
4. Add 1/2 cup batter to each mold in the waffle iron. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Using a wooden chopstick or silicone spoon, remove the waffle from the iron. Let cool for a moment.
5. Serve with favorite toppings.