So good, you'll never think they're vegan
Perfectly delicious peanut butter cookies. Made with oat flour so they are gluten free, egg-free and dairy-free. My family loved them and couldn't tell any difference from "regular" cookies. Super simple to make too.
(Modified slightly from Blissful Basil)
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup oat flour*
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fine salt
1/4 cup water
*Note: if you can't easily find oat flour in your grocery store, simply blend whole quick oats in a high-powered blender or food grinder until a fine flour forms.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl cream together peanut butter and brown sugar. Add in vanilla extract and beat for another 30 seconds.
3. In another mixing bowl, mix the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking soda and salt).
4. While beating the peanut butter mixture, slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until a crumbly dough forms. Add the water just until distributed - do not over mix.
5. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll the dough into balls using about 1-1/2 tbsp mixture. Place on parchment-lined pan. Flatten with fork to make crisscross patter.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until just starting to turn golden at the edges (watch carefully because they can go from perfect to hopelessly burned in seconds).
8. Cool completely then enjoy - store in an airtight container.